Apply For This Job
The Product Support Sales Rep/Precision Farming Specialist presents the company to its customers for the purpose of developing new incremental service (shop and in-field repairs) and parts business by calling on current customers and developing new accounts within the assigned territory. Provides technical and sales support to Birkey's employees and customers regarding technologies of the present and future such as: combine yield monitors & global positioning systems, light bar & auto guidance systems, sprayer application systems, and planter GPS application systems.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned:
- Develop and maintain relationships with customers, crop protection retailers & wholesalers to better service their related product needs.
- Provide sales support on product knowledge relative to the software & hardware on combines, planters, tractors, & sprayers electronic monitoring and application systems.
- Keep current on product knowledge and benefits of all products, while staying abreast of competitive products and activity.
- Conduct product meetings with customers and sales personnel.
- Communicate manufacturer updates to sales staff. Update yourself daily on changes to the Company's and manufacturers' terms, discounts and special programs of the products and services that the company has to offer.
- Actively promote wholegoods, parts and service promotions at all times.
- Maintain all manuals, price lists and other documents given by the Dealership in a professional and current condition at all times.
- Complete product demonstrations, and equipment deliveries whenever necessary.
- Take all leads for the sales of goods and/or services back to the Store manager and corresponding department manager.
- Follow up on those leads to make sure that they were handled properly to the customer's satisfaction.
- Assure all documents associated with sales of goods and services are properly and totally completed.
- Follow up with customers after large purchases of goods and services to make sure that they were 100% satisfied with their purchase.
- Maintain Company vehicle.
- Responsible for scheduling of assigned territory and all submission of requested reports to store manager for weekly itinerary.
- Maintain a safe working environment and adhere to company safety program at all times.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Customer Service Responsibilities:
- Ensure every customer is satisfied with the products, services and support of all staff.
- Resolve customer's concerns efficiently and effectively.
- Promote a positive attitude at all times.
- Maintain a professional appearance and demeanor.
- Exhibit Birkey's high level of customer service on a daily basis.
- Acknowledge appreciation of clients and customer.
Negotiable - depending upon experience. Excellent benefits - Medical, Dental, Life, Short/Long Term Disability, Health Reimbursement, 401(k), Vacation, Holiday, Sick and Personal time. EOE
- Related Experience: 2 years
- Associate Degree